The HodgePodge Crochet Community has spent the last two days reflecting and creating mandalas in memory of Marinke, the creative powerhouse behind A Creative Being, who lost her battle with depression and was taken from us too soon.
We love you Wink and know that you’ve touched each and every one of us and will never, ever, be forgotten. ❤
Please, if your loved one is severely depressed, prepare yourself for the possibility that at some point he or she may feel suicidal. Take all signs of suicidal behavior seriously, and act immediately.
Take action if necessary:
- Talk to the person about your concern. Ask if he or she has been thinking about committing suicide or has a plan for how to commit suicide. Having an actual plan indicates a higher likelihood of attempting suicide.
- Seek help. Contact the person’s doctor, mental health provider or other health care professional. Let other family members or close friends know what’s going on.
- Call a suicide hotline number. In the United States, you can reach the toll-free, 24-hour hot line of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255 to talk to a trained counselor. Use that same number and press 1 to reach the Veterans Crisis Line.
- Make sure the person is in a safe environment. Eliminate things that could be used to commit suicide. For example, remove or lock up firearms, other weapons and medications.
- Call 911 or your local emergency number immediately if the person may be in danger of self-harm or suicide. Make sure someone stays with that person at all times.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/depression/in-depth/depression/art-20045943
WHERE TO FIND WINK AROUND THE WEB